2010. február 4., csütörtök

use of plastic bags

use of plastic bags





March 10th, 2007







I have a hate-hate relationship with my
T-Mobile Dash
phone. I bought the phone a couple months ago, which was replaced with a brand new Dash by the company last month due to the “known issue” with the volume touch strip. The customer service folks are always lovely, patient and veryvalidating when I call. I have to give them a lot of credit for what would seem to be a fairly good method for talking people off mens short sleeve shirts
the ledge, and saving many a phone from flying through a window, followed by a healthy trampling accompanied by deep,
diaphragm
-bellowing screams that voice instructors and life coaches everywhere would be proud of.






Today, I called to report that my Dash volume touch strip was functioning on its own again, and I was seeking a replacement of
any
other kind. “Just not a Dash.” The admittedly troubled customer service rep insisted that she could not do anything other than send me yet athletic discount shoes
another Dash. “This time it will work.”






I was calm. “But you (T-Mobile) told me it would work the last time you sent me a replacement.” Long silence. “Didn’t you just tell me that this is a
known
issue with the Dash?” In my moment of desperation I pleaded, “I just need a phone that will let me make and receive phone calls… is that too much to ask?”




leather motorcycle jacket with armor


We went in circles until I asked to speak with the Supervisor on duty. Actually, we went in a few more circles after she claimed the Supervisor would not have any better solution. Then I explained that I am wasting a Saturday afternoon away from my family to try to resolve this issue, and I would be better off switching my service, telling all my friends about the abominable device (that the original T-Mobile Sales Rep insisted was the best on the market) and creating a little web PR nightmare against T-Mobile (yes,
tmobilesucks.com
was shoes sandals womens
already snatched up by T-Mobile themselves, but I could think of something). I asked to speak to the Supervisor again. I was put on hold for about 2 minutes, and when my customer support friend came back, she was authorized to give me the newest, top-of-the-line
Blackberry 8700g
. She asked if that would be ok. Sigh of relief. “Yes. That will do. Thank you.” Phew, phone
and
email.






I am happy with the results, but I feel so emotionally drained. I was womens wallet
being ripped off, and I got a great resolution. Persistence paid off. But why should it have to be that hard to just be Good? If the company knows they were selling a lemon of a product (already discontinued), why not do what the car companies do and offer a recall? Think how much more time I could have spent actually talking on the phone and burning away those minutes?






I have been a loyal T-Mobile customer and friend since they were black white womens clothing store
Voice Stream. I will stay, and give them another chance. But I have to admit, our relationship has been tarnished a bit. This wasn’t just about getting a new phone. It was about respecting my needs and lifestyle. A highly mobile, connected lifestyle. It is about work, about family, about life. I just wonder if they really got it.






Persistence clearly works today to get resolution, but is that the best we can do? In our immediate gratification, instant, pervasive access culture, lap top sleeve
is persistence culturally relevant? No one expects absolute perfection today. But appreciation and understanding go a long way. Wouldn’t we all feel better about the companies we did business with if they were more proactive, more thoughtful, more in-tune with us to provide us the right solutions at the right time? If we didn’t have to argue or ‘persist’ to get what we really expect from our brands: a friend.






Entry Filed under:
Future of Good

tall men clothing


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése